Thursday, April 18, 2019

Review: The Ground You Stand Upon: Life of a Skytrooper in Vietnam

The Ground You Stand Upon: Life of a Skytrooper in Vietnam The Ground You Stand Upon: Life of a Skytrooper in Vietnam by Joshua Bowe
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

MWSA Review

The father/son energy of the co-authors works very well within the pages of this book. Joshua and Wilbur Bowe take the reader on a journey with visual words and muted emotions through a tour of duty during the war in Vietnam in 1966 and 1967. The reader can well picture what had happened there. Shared with a well-written narrative, historic background notes, and commentary aided by the addition of old letters sent home from that war. The personal letters add a very human element to the retelling of that life experience. Emotionally well done! The authors hit the target! 

As a Vietnam veteran myself during the same time frame of the war, I found the book both credible and historically factual. I enjoyed it. I think there is a more broad appeal beyond just readers of war genre—a good history book told from the point of view of those who were there and well worth having on my bookshelf.

Review by Bill McDonald (April 2019)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: At First Light: A True World War II Story of a Hero, His Bravery, and an Amazing Horse

At First Light: A True World War II Story of a Hero, His Bravery, and an Amazing Horse by Walt Larimore My rating: 0 o...